It is a private process in which an independent third party (an arbitrator) decides the outcome of a dispute between two parties.
The arbitrator's ruling is binding on both sides and will provide a final decision on the dispute.
IPSO's scheme is specifically designed for media law claims.
The following publishers are participating in the pilot.
1. The process is quicker than going to court.
2. It can help keep legal costs down.
3. It reduces inequality as it puts individuals and newspaper legal teams on an equal footing.
1. Look at the types of claim that can be made under the scheme to see if your claim is eligible.
2. Check whether the publisher is participating.
3. Look at the process and fees.
If you would like to inquire about arbitrating a claim download and inquiry form and send to email@example.com